– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Hey, Womxn Project friends.
From our postcarding program, which has TAKEN OFF with activists all over the state getting involved to our gatherings on the weekends at local public libraries, we have been all over the state lately in our quest to keep up the momentum to pass legislation this year to protect the right abortion.
We are working to make sure there are lots of opportunities take action. Truly there is something for everyone!
- For the people who want to get up and stand up for your rights, you can meet us any given Wednesday at the State House. You show up from 3:30-5:00 wearing pink or red to hold signs, hand out postcards or information and talk to lawmakers. Check it out – “Wednesdays with Caroline”.
- For the social butterflies, we have parties. No, really whether you want to do a beer tasting, a pot luck or a house party, we can help! We will work with you to try to get a lawmaker or another speaker. You get folks to join you for you all take action together (make a few calls, fill out postcards). It is fun and makes a difference! Interested? Great. Just contact us at [email protected] and we will help you make it happen!
- For the evening or weekend binge watchers, we have our postcarding program. Pick your favorite show and you can spend time doing handwritten cards while watching TV. We provide the list and all the supplies. Just fill out this short form: http://bit.ly/RHCApostcards.
- For the folks who want to make their voices heard, we have our letter to the editor initiative. Check out the latest from The Womxn Project board member, Stephanie Olarte in the Providence Journal. We will give you messaging resources and contact information, so you can submit a letter to your local paper(s)! Just reach out and we will share our toolkit.
- For folks who feel like right now they just can’t give any time, but still want to help. You can make a donation to help us keep up the fight!
Whatever you can do, please do it. We do not want to delay any longer. There are cases working their way through the federal court system. We should not have to wait for the Supreme Court to take our rights away before we DO SOMETHING! The time is now. This is where the rubber meets the road.
Jocelyn, Jordan and the rest of the team at The Womxn Project
P.S. We also have fun events happening all over. Check out our events page to learn more about exciting activities like “Postcards with Nykia” this Saturday in Charlestown and Providence or a party with Rep. Lauren Carson and Sen. Dawn Euer in Newport on Sunday.